Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Their only complaint seems to be the price, but that's for a fully loaded E-Pace and I assume most people won't go for every option out there. £30,750 for the R-Dynamic trim seems fair for a sizable list of standard features. There's always year end sales and incentives as well, helping to bring down the price a bit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
While the E-Pace isn't cheap it does have a lot going for it which makes up for the price its at but if price observation stops at what the E-Pace goes for alone, that's the biggest mistake someone can make. Putting pricing in perspective by what other options you have and what they have to offer does go a long way. For a lot of people this will be the Macan alternative they always wanted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Macan is in a bit different price segment. The E-Pace will go on sale in early 2018 starting at $39,595, while Macan comes with a factory invoice of about $48,000 for an S model and an MSRP of about $50,000. The Turbo trim level adds about $22,000 to the vehicle's MSRP.

·
Registered
299 Posts
At the same time you can get more bang for your buck if you don't mind buying a CPO Macan that still has a reasonable warranty term left. Often people buying these are short term buyers that sell back to the market before warranty is up. Never discount the benefits of buying used.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think we should stop speculating around Macan, unless someone here wants to buy a used model, but still, in my opinion, it's better to get a new E-pace than used Porsche.
Would you mind expanding on why a new E-Pace over the used Porsche? From what I seen it has been a good alternative and this is after all the space that Jaguar wants to compete in. Once the E-Pace is out not everyone is going to be for it. Actually it might be a reason why some go to Porsche.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd go for a used Porsche if I knew the previous owner because some people just don't care about leased vehicles and put them through the ringer. May be better to get a new E-Pace knowing nobody has done anything to it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'd go for a used Porsche if I knew the previous owner because some people just don't care about leased vehicles and put them through the ringer. May be better to get a new E-Pace knowing nobody has done anything to it.
CPO is usually a good way to go if you don't mind paying a bit more for a fast and the most worry-free used buying experience, aside from that its going to be a lot of hands-on tasks on your end as the buyer. CPO with a good warranty term has been a proven method some of my BMW buddies have gone with. Peace of mind is sometimes worth the extra cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.