Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Spied: 2021 Jaguar E-Pace

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cllisanti 
#1 ·
For 2021 the Jaguar E-Pace will be getting design changes, some revealed in pictures of this test mule, that include; new fascias front and rear, new internals for the headlights (taillights too?), possible tweaks to the interior, new instrument cluster and, possibly a larger infotainment screen. A mild-hybrid setup from the Range Rover Evoque is also possible.

Can anyone spot changes I missed out on in this picture set? https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1126010_2021-jaguar-e-pace-suv-spy-shots

#2 ·
None of the said "changes" can be confirmed in any of those pics in a test mule bodysuit.

If I could change one exterior feature I would make the front honeycomb grille smaller in height.

If I could make other changes I'd lose the front and rear silver diapers. Make them black and add a carbon fiber option.

Interior, I would use soft plastic on entire door panels and offer carbon fiber trim details.

The hard plastic seat backs with fishnet pockets are too cheap for this car. Should be leather or vinyl with solid pockets.

I really like this car. It's a joy to drive, handles like a jungle cat.

#3 ·
Ha...I cant tell anything with those pictures.

I like the exterior just the way it is. I would not change much at all. I think we would always like small changes, but I really like it (hope so, I just purchased it...haha).

I like those interior changes mentioned in the above post. I hear a lot of perception around the plastic being cheap. I am interested to see if it is cheap or if it is durable and lasts. If it is durable, I am ok with it. I thought that the interior design really focused on storage in the passenger area. Ability to store in doors and center console come to mind. I would like to see a bit more room in the cargo area and maybe something fancier elsewhere (instead of massive storage).

#4 ·
If you sit in a 2020 Volvo XC40 or XC60 and see how brilliantly the interiors utilize space, you'll think Jaguar went braindead on the E-Pace interior in comparison. But I look at the E-Pace as a sports car more than a luxury soccer mom car and sports cars traditionally have a simplistic or minimalistic interior.

I imagine the stick style shifter will go away and become a round dial like other models have. I can't think of many improvements to make. I like the way everything is laid out and that the MAX A/C gives a good blast in the face in you aim it there. When I start the car my iphone instantly pairs with the sound system and I'm good to go. I have Cinemix downloaded (free) on my phone and iPod. It plays nonstop movie soundtracks if I need classical mood music.

And for once the wipers are truly smart wipers. In my Fords I was always manually controlling the wipers because non of the speeds were correct. The E-Pace wipers are mind readers.

#5 ·
If you sit in a 2020 Volvo XC40 or XC60 and see how brilliantly the interiors utilize space, you'll think Jaguar went braindead on the E-Pace interior in comparison. But I look at the E-Pace as a sports car more than a luxury soccer mom car and sports cars traditionally have a simplistic or minimalistic interior.

I imagine the stick style shifter will go away and become a round dial like other models have. I can't think of many improvements to make. I like the way everything is laid out and that the MAX A/C gives a good blast in the face in you aim it there. When I start the car my iphone instantly pairs with the sound system and I'm good to go. I have Cinemix downloaded (free) on my phone and iPod. It plays nonstop movie soundtracks if I need classical mood music.

And for once the wipers are truly smart wipers. In my Fords I was always manually controlling the wipers because non of the speeds were correct. The E-Pace wipers are mind readers.
That is exactly how I feel about the E-Pace. It "feels" like a sports car as an SUV. Sure there are differences, but if you are going this route and want that kind of sporty feel, I could not find anything better. Of course, I did not even test drive the Cayenne or Stevia (one too pricey, other too new)...but I am happy for the (hopefully) next 10+ years.

I like the stick shifter. In sports manual, I have more fun with it than the paddles.

I like the pairing of the phone. In my G37, it paired, but just for phone calls. For music, I needed an adapter, and that needed to be turned on each time I got in the car. I dont know if it is a software glitch, or my not reading the manual, but if my iPhone is not playing music the car automatically tunes to an FM station. I am version 19A, so I need to go to the dealer and get that updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.