Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just leased a 2018 E pace, and suddenly the real time traffic flow (red/yellow/green on nav map) is showing only red on all roadways.

Do I need a mobile data plan to use this feature?

Thanks!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Someone I know experiencing this issue tried the following: "Once you have turned the traffic on you also need to pick the map option with the traffic as the view - it's the one that has the little box with lines in it (from memory). Then you get lovely coloured lines everywhere and a list of traffic events at the side to highlight and check on." It worked for them and hopefully does for you! Let us know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, JagMan - I appreciate your reply.

Your suggestion does work and will display both traffic flow and events - but, I found out that my issue is a little more involved...

As it turns out, my new data plan (which I started after my trial expired) isn't being recognized by my SIM card. The dealer has seen this issue before and they think (and I hope!) a software update will solve the problem. If that doesn't work, they'll replace the SIM card. I have an appointment next week and my fingers are tightly crossed - I really rely on the real time traffic flow feature during my commute!

I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi @JagMan - It wasn't the SIM card after all. It was the master unit that allows the car to connect to the outside world. They replaced that a few days ago, and all has been well. Apparently, this is a known issue, although I can't find any mention of it online...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.