1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
Do these variants actually bring an influx of sales? I have a hard time believing that many people are willing to spend extra money for some black accenting they could easily do themselves.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Few people probably order them outright, but it's something that they will try and up-sell interested buyers on. You will be spending less money with the standard equipment that they come with.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Jaguar should work in more from its SVR division rather than going for these typical cookie cutter approaches used by every other automaker.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know performance crossovers are growing in popularity, but more expensive trim levels might not work in JLR's favor. Aside from maybe the Project 8, there hasn't been a lot of interest in their new high performance models.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I only see more expensive trims working to attract more people to the brand.

Sometimes the appeal of a higher end version that's out of reach can indeed make lower end and attainable versions even more desirable. In a way these higher trims expose whats hidden away that lower trims do a poor job at exposing. Also the average buyer doesn't have the time to look into the details.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know performance crossovers are growing in popularity, but more expensive trim levels might not work in JLR's favor. Aside from maybe the Project 8, there hasn't been a lot of interest in their new high performance models.
If you look at what Lister has been doing with the F Type and F Pace, I think they would disagree with you. They claim their tuned F pace will become the worlds fastest SUV, being more powerful than the new Lambo Urus. Could be the first SUV to break 200mph.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Its a shame Jaguar didn't launch another Project model under the F-Pace because that would be an even better platform for tuners like Lister to make it a top challenger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts