Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can the smaller E pace have worse MPG than the F pace?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I suppose that's largely due to your driving characteristics, and whether or not most of your commuting is within the city. According to official EPA figures the F Pace delivers 29mpg combined, while the E Pace delivers 24mpg.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The E-Pace actually weighs a bit less from what I recall, around 100 pounds. Think it's the engine because the F-Pace is offered with a turbo and those are usually more fuel efficient than something like an inline-four. This is just a guess on my end.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They both utilize a 2.0 liter turbocharged 4 cylinder, but the F Pace has an additional 50 hp on tap. I think despite the significant differences in size, they haven't maximized on the engine tune or weight reduction in the E Pace.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Not looking good for Jaguar with the E-Pace. Already there are poor reviews that reflect its poor economy.
Lucky for them its the perfect candidate for a hybrid powertrain that could very well save it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seem to get around 19 MPG on average.

If I do highway driving with cruise control, and at the speed limit, It seems to get around 27/28 as advertised.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I seem to get around 19 MPG on average.

If I do highway driving with cruise control, and at the speed limit, It seems to get around 27/28 as advertised.
All car makers care to be is good enough and for many years Jaguar has been depending on brand image along with just keeping up with rivals on paper.

Don't expect anything beyond incremental gains till they feel forced by other car makers. It only gets worse the cheaper you shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts