Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one sounds like it's a diesel. But here's a spy video posted by motor authority on Youtube.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The E-Pace's exterior resembles the styling of the F-Pace, just scaled down. That means we could be seeing the F-Pace's taillights, tapered roofline, rear end and front facisa on the E-Pace.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would make me extremely happy, I've always had a big liking of the styling cues they hit. Hopefully we'll also get an SVR edition with more aggressive bumpers too!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Maybe what we're hearing is the Ingenium 2.0 litre 4 cylinder diesel engine, but detuned so it doesn't compete with the base more F-Pace.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would hope they don't detune it too much... but either way, the diesel would be more geared for Europe and it's not even the engine I have on my radar so I don't mind as it doesn't matter to me lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
The prototype's should have its cover pulled this summer so we can see it fully. Right now the video's angle is showing me a bit more detail from the side profile with the pinched metal going from the front fender to the rear and there seems to be a a raised ridge under that pinched line.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which is pretty different from the F-Pace as it's very smooth along the sides until you hit the lower portion in the same region the E-Pace above shows.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The E-Pace in that new video shows off a trailer hitch and it's drifting around a snowy track. I'm amazed with how much traction it has where everything looks controlled.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like it was an AWD variant. AWD vehicles in snow allow you to have a lot of fun but they are extremely forgiving as they correct without much effort at all.

·
Registered
299 Posts
When it comes to size and proportions this seems all too similar to the Evoque, but that might not be a bad thing since for all we know all the Evoque needed was sporty DNA. Now that will make sales of the E-Pace vs Evoque an interesting comparo. Evoque has been losing in buyer interest.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's because the Evoque's design hasn't really changed much over the years while Jaguar's new E-Pace is sporting a fresh look. And the F-Pace set the precedence for the brand's future models. They may not be as powerful as the F-Pace, but the brand's name if out there and people are more aware of it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Size and proportions are similar to everything in it's segment. That's a normal thing in my opinion. It's the features and design that really makes the difference and impact and they have that on point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts