Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always liked the F-Pace but wasn't in the market at the time it came about. By next year I will be looking for something to replace my Venza that I absolutely despise. It was a rushed decision and I got it at a really good price, but definitely should have thought about it more. Nonetheless, The E-Pace being a sport crossover, and the estimated starting price of around $30k (from car and driver) I'll be heavily looking forward to it.

Was looking at the Q3 as well but I just love the styling of the F-Pace so I think the transition to the E-Pace would be great. Nonetheless, I'm still quite open and will be test driving them as much as I can to see what I really like. The Q3, X1, and I'll probably even look into the NX200t.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think a price of around $30k is too low for an EV from Jaguar, probably closer to a MSRP of mid to high $30k and that's before rebates and incentives. Are you committed to an all electric or are hybrids on the table too?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The E-Pace isn't going to be an EV. From what I've read, it's going to have 3 or 4 different powertrains, ranging from a 2.0 diesel, some sort of twin-turbo unit producing 237hp and some sort of hybrid diesel 3 cylinder with a hybrid turbocharger.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I mistook it for the I-Pace but hybrids do get incentives too and rebates. Maybe something Jaguar can capitalize on.
Which powertrain are you looking forward to seeing in the E-Pace?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean, I initially thought that the E-Pace would be fully electric given the E in it's name haha.

I'm going more for a power perspective as I want something to have a bit of fun with. A twin-turbo does sound like music to my ears and the capabilities of boosting it even further (after warranty of course) is highly interesting me.

What about you?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I heard that there may be a hybrid powertrain in the future, so I may wait a bit and see what Jaguar says. Performance is great, but fuel economy will always be at the forefront of my mind.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hybrid diesel is what they were saying which sounds interesting. I don't think anyone produces a hybrid-diesel engine do they?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Doubt it'll be a diesel hybrid as it makes more sense to come out with a gas hybrid, this way they can increase the fuel efficiency of the gas powered E-Pace. Diesels are already pretty good when it comes to mileage and it has decent torque.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diesels definitely do have much better torque output and I can see a gasoline hybrid being more feasible. Adding on to that taking into consideration the overall look and media thrashing that diesels are getting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts