Which platform is the E-Pace on? - Jaguar E-Pace Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pacer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Question Which platform is the E-Pace on?

Looking at the E-Pace its hard to tell for sure 100% if its riding on the XE's platform and being someone particular about how a vehicle feels overall and handles, knowing this is important to me.

Heard a lot of good things about the XE's platform, although I can't say the same about its powertrain layout.

Anyone here able to identify the platform?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:41 AM

This is what I managed to pull from car and driver
Quote:
You might expect that the architecture that underpins the XE sedan will be reconfigured to support a taller body for E-Pace duty, but that wouldnít be entirely accurate. Look closely at this E-Pace prototypeís dash-to-axle ratio (how far forward the front wheels are), and you will see that the hood is too stubby to hide a longitudinally mounted engine. Instead, the E-Pace likely will ride on a variation of the front-drive-based platform that sits beneath Jaguar Land Roverís Land Rover Discovery Sport (itself derived from the Range Rover Evoque).
2018 Jaguar E-Pace Crossover Spy Photos ? News ? Car and Driver
JagMan likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

thanks for providing that information
with those models clearly out in good numbers, test driving them will be a good idea although once this gets used under Jaguar it could take on more sporty handling and feeling characteristics.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 07:30 PM

Anytime

But I think it's safe to assume. This would have better handling than any Range Rover model on the lineup because Jaguars are drivers vehicle.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:54 AM

What's more, the E-Pace's battery pack could improve the vehicle's stability for some quick driving around curvy roads.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagernaut View Post
What's more, the E-Pace's battery pack could improve the vehicle's stability for some quick driving around curvy roads.
I can already imagine how well it will hug the road which is something im looking forward to. Anyone who has put a sports car through its paces will have the same want out of testing one of these. Too bad its a long way out. Patience is needed most right now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page