Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Jaguar E-Pace Competitors

8K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Bluestu60 
#1 ·
Looking at the size of the E-Pace and it's expected pricing to begin in the mid $30k range, the competition looks to be pretty clear for the E-Pace.

We'll be looking at vehicles like the Infiniti QX30/Benz GLA, the Audi Q3, BMW X1, and the Lexus NX

Has anyone looked into any of these vehicles yet?

#2 ·
Not a bad price range for them to slot this into since that has been one of the fastest growing segments. GLA being a great example of what the potential is although it will be hard to beat them. Jaguar did well enough with the F-Pace but this segment is a whole different story.

#3 ·
The Infiniti QX30/Benz GLA, the Audi Q3, BMW X1 all look bland to me, also heard the QX30 was somewhat lacking in power so it doesn't match its exterior design. I have looked into the Lexus NX, but the grille is hideous unless you go for teh Sport package which costs a few thousand more.

#4 ·
Never really liked how the GLA/QX30 looked. They're terribly hideous in my opinion. The Q3 is just very bland and has nothing going on really. The X1 I think has the most character but it just looks like every other BMW so you'll be blending right in.

#5 ·
For something that stands out from the crowd, we really can't go wrong with Jaguar with it's simple elegance and touch of aggressiveness. And their factory warranty offering is pretty nice.

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty and Roadside Assistance Coverage for your 2016 Model Year Jaguar car is extended to 5 years or 60,000 miles
Hopefully, this will be extended to future models as well.

#6 ·
I think warranties are dependent on the region you live in isn't it? The best warranty I've seen from Jaguar was an 8 year one, but that was a special deal they were doing for the XE to make it more competitive.

Maybe they'll offer it for the E-pace since there's so much competition in the segment.

#13 ·
In terms of performance, the Macan and F-Pace were the two main rivals. After that it was down to the nitty gritty; brand loyalty and extra features they come with.

I'm not sure if the E-Pace will be able to compete with the two giants in power alone.
MotorTrend gave the nod to F-Pace in a head-to-head with the Macan.

Unless Porsche comes out with a smaller ute than Macan, the E-Pace will just have to compete with XC40 or... GLA, X1, X2 (which sit lower and are really station wagons).

#15 ·
I test drove an XC40 R-Design today and wow what a peppy little thing it was, with no turbo lag, plenty of power and a very quiet, comfortable ride. I'm hoping to test drive the E-Pace this weekend but based on all the reviews I've read so far I'm not holding my breath on the ride quality.

#18 ·
It seem like Chinese car makers want to aggressively enter the North American market, so much to the point they wanted to buy out some of your favorite American brands. Soon they'll be debuting a Tesla rivaling EV. If they aim that high I bet soon that high volume products like the E-Pace will have a new rival :)

#20 ·
I test drove all of the main competitors before purchasing my 2020 Epace. The other compact luxury SUVs were nice, but not as nice as the Jag. In my opinion, the Jag outperformed all of its competitors which is saying a lot. The Porsche and Audi were my second favorites. The Benz and Volvo just didn't have the power and handling of the Epace, and as far as styling, none of them were comparable. The only thing I don't like about my Jag is the 20" wheels and low profile tires. They look great, but make the car ride rougher than it should with the stiff suspension. I have the red R-dynamic S with ivory interior, and the car has plenty of room for me and I am 6'1". It does have some plastic interior parts which is no big deal to me. In my opinion, the entire design of the Epace is a work of art!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.