The New Guy - Page 2 - Jaguar E-Pace Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWE22 View Post
Welcome to the forum Sbreech! My guess is that you're going to have to get your dealer to look at what's going on.
Thanks! I have an appointment scheduled for the 23rd with my dealer. They said the update takes 6 to 8 hours!

I'm also getting the front windows tinted that day...

Outdoorsman and Car Enthusiast.
My Garage
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayquayle View Post
Hope you enjoy your new ride. The InControl is, I think market oriented. Mine was included for three years here in the UK. The SIM I was provided is good for 500Mb per month, also included for the first three years. Do you need it? Heck no! You only need your car to start, stop and go to get you from one location to another, but some of the features are cool. The remote start for climate control is great in that you can start it and set the temperature from anywhere in the world using the app on your phone. Not that I'd necessarily want to start my car in the UK while I'm in the US, but I could imagine parking the car at the airport, traveling to the US with my wife, her coming back without me and needing help finding the car in the vast airport parking lot. She could give me a ring and I could activate the flash and beep to help her find it and I could even unlock the doors for her. Being able to lock the car from the app is also cool if you'd forgotten. The app shows the status of windows, locks, alarm and car's location. The journey planner could also be useful for some that need the information for business travel expenses. Or say you're away and you have house sitters. You check the app and journey planner to see that your house sitters not only took your car for a ride, you can even see where they went! All the little features are cool, but if I was paying an additional monthly fee, I'd have to think long and hard as to whether the cool factor is worth it. Your mileage may vary.
I love this car. Everything about it. To answer my own question (for others who may ask) InControl is FREE for the life of the warranty and requires a data plan thereafter.

I thought it would be cool if the surround camera system could be viewed thru the app for 360 surveillance while the car is parked but it's not intended for anything but a parking aid.

This is my first vehicle with no CD player and it felt like a major loss. But with a $200 iPod Touch 7 stashed in the center console I now have the best hands-free jukebox I could ever hope for, so it's a major win. With the iPod's Siri feature I can simply talk to it and hear whatever music I want. The sound system is lush though I wish it had a graphic EQ with more bands.

My panel reads temps in F without any manual tinkering.

I can think of some minor things to improve but overall this is the most fun car I've owned, at least for the 130 miles I have on it. I highly recommend it so far.

Thanks for your reply. Cheers!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah, this is my second car without a CD player. My 2019 Mini Clubman had apple car play and USB, so I used the car play for things like phone communications and to utilize Waze as my GPS, but since I have my entire CD collection ripped to .mp3 files, I just throw them on a couple USB 3.0 flash drives and use them in the car. I'm pretty impressed with the Meridian system in the Jaguar compared to the Harmon Kardon of the Mini, but I'm still going to build a fiberglass / leather enclosure and add a Focal subwoofer to get the lower notes. Now to find the leather to match the interior of the car...

My Garage
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Today, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The software update fixed everything. Everything is functioning as expected. I now have zero complaints or issues with the ride.

My Garage

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page