2018 Jaguar E-Pace Racing Down The Nurburgring - Page 3 - Jaguar E-Pace Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 08:09 PM

Mmm I'll have to agree with you on that one. This is something worth waiting for although it is creating some mild anxiety haha.

Thankfully I'm in a position where I'm in no rush to get something right away so it's all good.

Is anyone not willing to wait and looking at an alternative or perhaps even something temporary?
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 12:06 PM

Similar situation as you, own my current vehicle so I'm in no rush to get something new. I'd be interested in the X1 if it weren't for that hideous kidney grille, to each their own I suppose, but I'd rather look at the Audi Q3 than something from BMW.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots View Post
Similar situation as you, own my current vehicle so I'm in no rush to get something new. I'd be interested in the X1 if it weren't for that hideous kidney grille, to each their own I suppose, but I'd rather look at the Audi Q3 than something from BMW.
Friends I have got over the kidney grille by blacking out the trim outlining the grille. Sometimes car makers over do it with chrome. So in your case that might be an option, unless the grille is really that bad.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 11:14 AM

I'd actually take the X1 over the Q3 to be honest. I'm not much of an Audi fanatic.

But I agree with @Jagman , blacking out the chrome surround typically makes a huge difference to the kidney grill and it's one of the first things I would address. Simple as some AutoDip and 30 minutes of your day lol.

Adding to that, I've seen some pretty cool custom BMW X1s as well. Here's a very mild example that shows a blacked out kidney grill

post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 06:29 PM

I'm still heavily into Audi, Jaguar or Mercedes. BMW's designs have too much going on for me. There's not enough of seamless design happening, the only place that happens is with the 7 Series. I'm not ready to spend 7 Series/X7 money.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:00 AM

Definitely to each their own. Heard the 2018 BMW X7 will have a starting price of somewhere around $90k US or something like that but it's all speculation.

Anyhow, different topic altogether.

@Jagman , do you think you'd go for one of those options in the meantime as you wait for the E-Pace or are you not in a rush of any sort?
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
Definitely to each their own. Heard the 2018 BMW X7 will have a starting price of somewhere around $90k US or something like that but it's all speculation.

Anyhow, different topic altogether.

@Jagman , do you think you'd go for one of those options in the meantime as you wait for the E-Pace or are you not in a rush of any sort?
GLA is on top of my list since it has had time with consumers to prove itself. By now most growing pains have been worked out enough. Not only that but its a well rounded product with performance, handling, suspension, etc. But with all those topping my list, Macan is another one.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 10:28 AM

Comparing starting prices, the Macan is close to $14k over what the starting price of the GLA will be. You're looking at two vehicles that are pretty far from each other. Any reason for the choices?
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
Comparing starting prices, the Macan is close to $14k over what the starting price of the GLA will be. You're looking at two vehicles that are pretty far from each other. Any reason for the choices?
I'm not only focused on buying a brand new product but also open to buying used. So it makes the price difference not that bad after all. At that point price is brought down enough to be easily absorbed.

Used Porches are still great.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 12:48 PM

Ahh okay then I see what you mean in that scenario. Porsches are definitely great to buy used especially with the amount of a hit they take as soon as they're taken off the lot alone. I would more compelled to go Macan over the GLA for a plethora of reasons in that scenario. Even adding to that, getting additional warranty is still always a possibility depending on where you get it from.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page