Jaguar E-Pace Is Conquering The Compact-SUV World - Jaguar E-Pace Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By E-Pace News

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Jaguar E-Pace Is Conquering The Compact-SUV World

Jaguar’s foray into the compact-luxury SUV seem to be doing exceptionally well so far and positive E-Pace reviews are pouring in from global automotive publications including Motor Trend. They’ve recently published a buyer’s guide online with nothing but praise for E-Pace.

Though it may share a chassis along with other miscellaneous pieces of hardware with the Evoque and the Discovery Sport, Jaguar’s compact SUV is said to be even more fun to drive than either of them. To further entice buyers, the E-Pace is reasonably priced with an entry-level model going for just $39,000 in the States and a fully loaded model can be purchase at $55,000.

Even though there is noV6 offering, the E-Pace’s 2.0-liter turbocharged Ingenium gas engine is still impressive no matter which version you choose. There’s a 246-hp variant with 269 lb-ft of torque and then there’s the more powerful option delivering 296 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. No matter which variant you choose, they all come standard with a ZF nine-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.

Speaking of AWD, the E-Pace is quite unique as its electronically controlled Active Driveline can quickly shift 100% of torque to either the front or rea axle when needed and also between the rear wheels. That means the E-Pace can act like a FWD vehicle while cruising in order to save gas.

Jaguar’s plan for the E-Pace was to drawn in new buyers from other brands and they seem to be achieving that goal if U.S. orders are any indication. A whopping 90% of orders placed are from buyers new to the brand.
paulo likes this.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 06:23 PM

In my opinion, Jaguar E-Pace can easily take on the Audi Q3, BMW X1 in that segment. Exterior design wise, I think E-Pace is even better that BMW or Audi. I like how E-Pace combines different design feature in it, such as familiar grille or headlights inspired by the F-Type. A lot of potential buyers are looking for stylish and competitively priced premium compact car and I think that Jaguar E-Pace is one of them!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRide View Post
In my opinion, Jaguar E-Pace can easily take on the Audi Q3, BMW X1 in that segment. Exterior design wise, I think E-Pace is even better that BMW or Audi. I like how E-Pace combines different design feature in it, such as familiar grille or headlights inspired by the F-Type. A lot of potential buyers are looking for stylish and competitively priced premium compact car and I think that Jaguar E-Pace is one of them!
Don't forget the Macan because right now aside from that the E-Pace is the next best looking thing unless what someone wants in design is a boxier design. If that's the case then Audi is the answer... BMW on the other hand is the perfect hybrid between both sides of the coin.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 10:45 AM

The Macan also costs almost $10k more for the base model. Not sure if that's a good model for comparison.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 09:21 AM

Another reason why I want to buy this vehicle: Jaguar E-Pace Scores 5-Star Safety Rating In Euro NCAP Crash Tests.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRide View Post
Another reason why I want to buy this vehicle: Jaguar E-Pace Scores 5-Star Safety Rating In Euro NCAP Crash Tests.
Not bad at all but then again most British car makers have always done well with safety. Plus it helps that Jaguar is a high end car maker, meaning they can introduce advanced tech that might not be common else where. After all tech is one thing they have going for the brand.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2017, 11:51 AM

I think Euro NCAP has higher crash test standards as well, so if the E-Pace succeeds there then it'l breeze through every other test as well.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots View Post
I think Euro NCAP has higher crash test standards as well, so if the E-Pace succeeds there then it'l breeze through every other test as well.
Good point. Often after that its just a matter of them making small adjustments to meet American standards which could mean some slight change in visual design as we see with other cars. The Lexus NX or RX is one of them, as result it got a slightly uglier front end.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page