Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner

Meridian Audio System

15K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  PickyTheMove 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard the Meridian audio systems in the F-Pace or any other Jaguars in general? Haven't gotten the chance to test them out but I'm hoping their adequate.

The F-Pace for example has a standard 11-speaker system which is 380 watts including subwoofer. The upgraded system offers 17-speakers and is 825 watts including subwoofer. That's a pretty big difference in power output through the audio and I'm really picky.

So... any experiences or heard anything anyone?

#7 ·
Adding speakers is always a really tedious task and requires a good bit of fab. I'd definitely not take that route at all as they're permanent modifications at that point. Replacing the existing speakers is the route I'd go, which of course majority of anyone else would do as well.

#10 ·
That's why it's always recommended to go to an audio shop to get work like this done if you're not familiar with it. A lot of things to look at when considering buying replacement speakers other than just saying "Well, there is a 6" in there right now, I'll just buy any aftermarket 6" that has good reviews and put that in it's place"

#13 ·
If you're thinking of replacing the whole system by yourself anyways, I assume you know how to remove the interior panels yourself to install the insulation. But it can be a bit stressful if you don't want to damage anything in the process.

Best to leave it to the professionals and ask them to add in more insulation while they're at it. doesn't hurt and shouldn't cost too much.

#16 ·
Lol pretty much.

These days head units are so complicated or have a whole bunch of other things integrated into one infotainment system so adding a set of subwoofers in the back generally isn't that bad using a line-converter.

Changing speakers is just real iffy because you don't know if you need adaptors and all of those things

#17 ·
Some modifications are better left to the experts, but you can still shop around for the speakers themselves even if you don't plan on doing the installation. But for those who are happy with factory, I heard the 825 Meridian Surround Sound System is outstanding and you can choose from Meridian or Dolby or DTS.

#18 ·
Most definitely. You can do a world of bad that'll really set you back a lot more than being helpful in any way possible if you don't know what you're doing haha.

Glad to hear the Meridian surround sound system is good enough though. Did anyone mention how the Dolby or DTS system stacked up against it?

#20 ·
Definitely very worth it but it's just coughing up that money to get it done and having someone do it for you. Tearing apart an interior to that degree straight from brand new would slightly hurt too. Adds a good amount of weight as well.

#23 ·
Just because you have the money doesn't mean that the cost of doing the job can be justified for you. It's really all on the individual and if they see the value in getting it done. You can have all the money to spend, but it'd be stupid to just spend a certain amount of money if it doesn't make sense just because you have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.