Subwoofer location? - Jaguar E-Pace Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Subwoofer location?

Can somebody tell me where the subwoofer is located in the 2020 E-Pace?

Outdoorsman and Car Enthusiast.
My Garage
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 03:31 AM

In the right rear wheel arch.

2020 E-Pace P200 R-Dynamic HSE Corris Grey
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, that's what I thought from the Meridan / Jaguar page. I'm wanting to add a real subwoofer to the E-Pace, so I should be able to get the low-pass signal directly from the factory subwoofer inputs that are already in the back. This will leave me only running a power cable to the front of the vehicle, and building the fiberglass enclosure for the amp and subwoofer. I also want to source some tan perforated leather for the enclosure to match the seats. This should be a very simple installation, including swapping out the front Meridian tweets for some Morel or Focal.

My Garage
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 01:01 AM

I custom ordered my E-Pace and there are a few things I wish I had done differently but didn't know as the Jaguar site offers minimal info. I guessed at some things and tried to avoid stuff I don't need.

The audio system is one thing I'm generally happy with (380 watt Meridian) but the 825 watt upgrade has a better EQ supposedly. The power is fine, the speakers are fine. Just wish I can download a decent graphic EQ that's easily accessible for tracks that sound lousy or were recorded poorly. Some stuff is actually too boomy and the mids are muddled. Depends on what you listen to and how you like to hear it. I notice some bands/artists sound reliably great (on all their albums) and others are hit or miss. That's why I'd like an EQ at my fingertips and not buried under layers of windows on the nav screen. Wish Jaguar InControl offered an EQ upgrade download.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I don’t know if the two Meridian systems use the same head unit. If they do, then it can be programmed. Coming from the BMW / Mini world, we could program just about everything with an OBDII module and an app called BimmerCode.

As far as an EQ fixing a bad recording, song by song, I don’t buy that for a second. Having built over 30 audiophile car systems, once a tune is complete and plays a known source recording accurately, every song will sound as it was recorded. It’s a set it and forget it thing. The Meridian 380 sounds OK, but needs some tweaking (a sub, better tweets to start) but will never be phenomenal....and I’m ok with that.

My Garage

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page