Frozen Radio - Jaguar E-Pace Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Zippy
  • 1 Post By Jagernaut

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Frozen Radio

Just got home after picking my new EPace First Edition. Feels great. Sound is nice.

Got home. Bluetooth audio then froze—I can change stuff on my phone but no longer on the screen. XM also frozen and I can’t change the channel.

I read on the FPace forum that after the car sits for 15-20 minutes it will reset and work again. I sure hope so. This was my biggest concern about the car.

I will give an update.
paulo likes this.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 02:16 PM

Let us know if letting it sit works. If not, you may need to take it into the dealership so they can scan it with their computer.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 03:53 PM

Is there seriously no way to hard reset the infotainment system? Like by holding the power button down or something? They actually expect you to sit and wait for 20 minutes for the car to auto reset?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

The “reset” worked. I just did some shopping and everything worked fine ... mostly.

If I tweak around the settings too much the Bluetooth connection gets dropped and doesn’t restore right away. But it does eventually reset.

This shouldn’t be an issue and it is a slight one. I’m by no means ready to throw in the towel but it is a tad annoying.

Their usb-connected system, InControl, doesn’t see to be that great. Waiting for Apple CarPlay.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 02:58 PM

I tried looking for a hard reset method and there was surprisingly nothing aside from waiting. Would like to see Android Auto and Carplay being offered as well, no idea why certain automakers aren't getting on with the times. Not sure if the infotainment hardware in the current E-Pace would be able to handle it if it does come out later on.
paulo likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagernaut View Post
I tried looking for a hard reset method and there was surprisingly nothing aside from waiting. Would like to see Android Auto and Carplay being offered as well, no idea why certain automakers aren't getting on with the times. Not sure if the infotainment hardware in the current E-Pace would be able to handle it if it does come out later on.
Well one thing you have to understand is that Jaguar is still somwhat of a new brand, if they were around long enough and diverse enough as BMW and Mercedes then more could be expected of them but overall they don't have too many models to choose from. Its the cost of buying a Jaguar today.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 08:04 PM

On the F-pace side a lot of issues are fixed by locking the doors and waiting. Seems the locking seems to do something. If it is a problem with a phone app uninstalling the app and reinstalling seems to be the go to fix. I'd guess this might apply to the E-Pace also

March 2018 Caesium Blue R-Dynamic SE P300, cold pack, pano roof, passive key, TFT instruments
2018 F-Pace R-Sport 22" double helix rims, towing, comfort pack, activity key - new June 2017
🇨🇦 🇬🇧 🇨🇦

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page