Jaguar XE SV Project 8 - Jaguar E-Pace Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Jaguar XE SV Project 8

The XE SV Project 8 is the most powerful, road legal car Jaguar has ever produced with 591 hp from its 5.0L V-8 and it's designed with all-wheel drive. It was spotted tearing down the Nürburgring Nordschleife race track under camouflage.

Wards auto says "Jaguar expects the Project 8 will become the second Collectors’ Edition vehicle from SVO, following the successful launch of the 567-hp Jaguar F-Type Project 7 in 2014."

Maybe Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) will see potential in the E-Pace as well?
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 12:43 PM

Doubt it.

I can't imagine any type of limited edition E-Pace that people would actually want to spend a lot of money on. Maybe an F-Pace if they do end up doing a Project X on anything that isn't a car, but the excitement and demand isn't there.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 05:31 PM

if this lives up to the level of performance required for a vehicle as special as this, then Jaguar has a chance.

making something cool is half the battle, how it performs and lives up to its expectations is a whole nother ball game.
i'll sit here on the sidelines to see how Jaguar plays out that 2nd part.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 09:15 PM

They've never shown up short of the part so there's little to worry about that. Look at their SVR for their products, they look great, and they deliver without a doubt.

It's just what products are going to receive it and again, I doubt the E-Pace is going to be one of them.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 12:19 PM

They're more likely to go for the F-Pace than the E-Pace by pure performance numbers alone and how popular the models are. I heard the First edition of the F-Pace was very popular and sold out quickly so there may be a demand there.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 01:10 PM

But even the E-Pace can be just as good. Its a smaller and lighter product, meaning it can do certain things better. Power to Weight ratio could very well be better here, so much that Jaguar might have to detune the E-Pace a bit so it doesn't step on F-Pace toes.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 12:27 PM

Really depends on the Ingenium turbo-four engine's output and if it really needs to be detuned for the E-Pace. SVO may not have much room to work with if the E-Pace's engine is already tuned to produce as much power as it can without compromising the its reliability.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:53 PM

The E-Pace can definitely be just as good. I'm not saying it definitely won't get the treatment but it just won't be priority in my thought process.

I'm sure the engine can be turned up a good bit more though as turbo engines typically can. Another thing I find is when they bring out a vehicle, it'll come with the given power but with buffer room, so next year or the year after, all they have to do is make some tuning changes and the refresh has that slight bump in power without changing major components.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagernaut View Post
Really depends on the Ingenium turbo-four engine's output and if it really needs to be detuned for the E-Pace. SVO may not have much room to work with if the E-Pace's engine is already tuned to produce as much power as it can without compromising the its reliability.
if that's the case then tuning might require that they do some internal engine changes to still keep the engine operating at safe reliable levels. lucky for JLR they have more models to release so this won't be the only model they can apply the same power plant to. Maybe it could be the E-Pace and future Range Rover Velar?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 07:40 PM

They won't as it's very rare to see that happen. That is possible though, but the Velar I can imagine having a higher output than the E Pace would.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page