P200 R-Dynamic HSE Corris Grey - Page 2 - Jaguar E-Pace Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-09-2020, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiwaKika View Post
Just noticed something. When I press the home button I get a screen that looks like this (see pic below):

The gray boxes are minimized menu windows. Touch one and it opens full screen.

If the home screen looks normal it's a pretty bad presentation, just saying. It resembles a bad graphics card.

I don't recall seeing this before. Is it normal?
PLEASE can somebody confirm this? In the thumbnail, there's a "home" icon in the far left bottom menu bar. Touch it on your car's screen and tell me what image you get. Do you see the same four gray boxes with compressed text? Much appreciated ...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiwaKika View Post
I notice the power gesture tailgate works only when it feels like it.
I remember seeing this E-Pace review on youtube where the reviewer found the tailgate would only open if he swipes his foot under the rear lefter corner, not the center.

Jaguar XJL
Lexus RX
Honda CR-V
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayquayle View Post
The electrical issues now are the issues that plague Audi and Volkswagen and Mercedes and Fiat and Volvo and Ford and pretty much all modern manufacturers; Technology.
If that were true, how come you still see the same old timing chain, water pump, etc. issues plaguing all models of JLR vehicles today...IN ADDITION to the electrical gremlins/Lucas 'ghost'?

Jaguar XJL
Lexus RX
Honda CR-V
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papageno View Post
If that were true, how come you still see the same old timing chain, water pump, etc. issues plaguing all models of JLR vehicles today...IN ADDITION to the electrical gremlins/Lucas 'ghost'?
I said, and you rightly quoted ďThe electrical issues now are the issues that plague Audi and Volkswagen and Mercedes and Fiat and Volvo and Ford and pretty much all modern manufacturers; Technology.Ē. Timing chain is not electrical. Iím not sure to what water pump issues you are referring, but if it is the constant high speed fan that has plagued many petrol engine owners, that does have an electrical component and is a good example and sort of proves my point. It couldnít be a regular old water pump that weíve enjoyed for decades, it had to be an electrically controlled variable coolant pump with a movable diversion shroud. This shroud is controlled by the PCM and receives shroud position information from the pump. It is the shroud solenoid or position indicator that fails, so the PCM can not determine the shroud position which causes the PCM to switch the fan to high speed to prevent an overheat condition. Pump replacement is the fix and they have updated the part to attempt to eliminated this issue, but Iím not sure how effective the new part has been as it as gone through more than one update. Technology run amok and JLR are not the only ones doing it. I covered timing chain and water pump but as far as etc, youíre on your own!

Donít get me wrong, technology is not only causing reliability issues with electronic systems; the new tiny engines that manufacturers are using for fuel economy lack the power required to drive our modern vehicles full of amenities, so they need to turbocharge them and now GDI as well. This technology reduces the longevity of these modern vehicles which may not be an issue for most, but for those of us that keep cars for eons, itís a problem and the added stresses to reach power levels of up to 300BHP from 2L may be what is causing early timing chain failures, if that is what you were getting at. This is why I leased the E-Pace and not buy. I have a three year lease and I have everything crossed that it stays together that long! Sure JLR products are not very good, but they are way better than FCA. I got rid of a Jeep Wrangler to get the E-Pace and Iíll never have another Fiat Chrysler product, not even leased!

Best of luck with yours.

2020 E-Pace P200 R-Dynamic HSE Corris Grey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page