E-Pace Interior Spied - Jaguar E-Pace Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

E-Pace Interior Spied

AutoBlog took a few photos of the E-Pace interior and it seems to have been inspired by the F-Type. Great news as I've always like how the F-Pace looked.

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 03:17 PM

I know it's a minor detail but I really like where the position of the push button start is located. The screen does seem a little bit small though doesn't it? Or is it just the angles that I'm seeing it at?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 01:23 PM

It could be the angle and interior cover that's making the screen look small. It looks fine to me as it spans the length of both center air vents, those are usually pretty long themselves. Maybe around 8 inches for the screen?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

If you squint a bit, it looks like there's a large dial in the center console under the infotainment screen. Not similar to the F-Pace layout I was expecting with two small dials on wither side.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 02:32 PM

I see what you're talking about. None of their models have anything that looks like that which is odd. I was initially thinking climate control that maybe used on the XE as it's their cheaper vehicle but even that doesn't have a layout like what's shown in that photo.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

If it was a model released years ago I would assume it was a cigarette lighter, but in never cars those aren't really added anymore. It's either a knob of some kind of just some trim. Really hard to tell by just seeing a corner of it.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 02:23 PM

That looks way too small to be a cigarette lighter. Unless we're looking at two different things.

Are cigarette lighters even optional these days? Or are they all just used for 12V outlets and that's absolutely it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 01:12 PM

I think it's probably a temperature dial and I have no idea if cigarette lighters are still in cars these days. Not really something I pay attention to.

That's an odd place to out an outlet so we can probably scratch that off the list.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 01:28 PM

Sorry, I meant to say way too big**

But you're right, there's no reason for a 12v to be sticking right there in the center of the dash, that's weird. It'll be funny if it's really just nothing and all we're seeing is some random plastic or something...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots View Post
I think it's probably a temperature dial and I have no idea if cigarette lighters are still in cars these days. Not really something I pay attention to.

That's an odd place to out an outlet so we can probably scratch that off the list.
The actual element that gets heated up to light a cigarette has been disappearing from new cars but the same 12v plug is now used as a power outlet. So for as long as you can imagine that will live on. But at the same time we're seeing car makers include dedicated power ports... USB charging ports being the most popular right now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page