Jaguar E-Pace Forum - View Single Post - P300 HSE AWD R-Dynamic Silicon Silver
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Carpediem

Send a message via Skype™ to Carpediem
Software upgrade to Release 4 completed successfully on WEdnesday. Version is now S19A_19.07.2-312706. Upgrade to this version took just under 2 hours. Excellent mechanic, Simon, who asked me to check if I could connect my iPhone. Connection successful and able to make a call using Bluetooth and the in car microphone and speaker.

However, at this stage still no spoken directions with the satnav and Voice Control not working. Simon confirmed a further software upload required, should take about 20 minutes. This to ensure that the installed software was pointing to the correct "Voice database". So back to the car after the further upload and both spoken directions and Voice Control now working!!!!

Haven't had the time to do a thorough test however, noticed that when I connect my 'phone to the USB port in order to use Apple CarPlay that the 'phone icon disappears and is replaced with a Bluetooth icon. I can make 'phone calls using the 'phone "App" from the Carplay screen with the 'phone hardwired. However, not able to make Bluetooth calls when in this mode. I assume that this is reasonable as there will be a conflict between the two modes? Just starting to play with the My Home menu option.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome