E-Pace Interior Revealed! - Page 3 - Jaguar E-Pace Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots View Post
Maybe what we're seeing is the highest trim test mule, full leather dash would raise the price of the entry level trim too much.
I was told they wanted to do away with real leather throughout the interior and instead go for faux-leather. If it won't be done with the E-Pace's we get, you can bet it will be done further long the line with all that's happening on a much larger level to move away from real leather.
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:29 PM

I have noticed that different manufacturers are taking more eco and "friendly" approaches to the materials they use. Ford is going to start using bamboo for example. But I think for Jaguar, if they end up losing the real leather and going to the faux, it really won't upset many BUT it will make many more happy about it and more compelled to go towards the brand. Apparently a lot of people are quite passionate and against the usage of real leathers and what not for mass production, err well any production for that matter.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

I can understand the eco friendly movement, but there will always be those who want it as a luxury indicator. Personally, it's a non issue for me and faux-leather sounds like it'll require less maintenece than the real stuff anyways.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 11:17 AM

I know what you mean, but I feel like those that really want that real leather luxury indicator are the same ones that wear those big real fox fur scarves or jackets lol. Either way, still a smaller portion of people than those that care more for the environment and animals and what not, and that population is growing daily.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:53 AM

From the interior shots, it looks like the middle is covered with fabric and the outside trim seems to be something like leather. What I don't see are power seat memory buttons. Where are they generally located?
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 02:02 PM

Power seat memory buttons are generally either on the side of the seat or on the door panel.

The F-Pace has them on the seat so you could expect the E-Pace to follow suit

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 03:35 AM

Maybe once Andriod and Apple systems have been well integrated into our vehicles we might see an APP that gives us full control over settings like this. Not that hard from what I can imagine. There's a certain level of convince that comes with this tech
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 10:23 AM

Not that hard but also something that doesn't peg high in the priority list.

If I'm not mistaken though, I believe Genesis was working on an app and smart-key system that essentially saved all of your driver settings so that when you got in with the key, it all adjusted back to your saved settings and HVAC settings.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:19 AM

Maybe when the day comes that we can start our cars with our phones but as long as keys are around, memory keys are the way to go, rather not confuse the process any more.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:44 AM

Range Rover is bringing it to their models so I'm pretty sure Jaguar will be on the receiving end of it soon enough.

Memory keys are going to be the most user friendly though, but I'm pretty on board with the app thing. My phone almost never leaves my hand, except for when I'm driving of course.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page