Powertrain Discussion - Page 3 - Jaguar E-Pace Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots View Post
Seems like the ingenium engine is reserved for Jaguar's higher output models, so it is unlikely to make its way into models like the E-Pace. Maybe a de-tuned one in the future from the older 2017 XE 25t?
If Jaguar has some good weight saving tech prepared for the E-Pace then that might happen, if not, power to weight ratio will be weird and that alone will turn me off as a potential buyer.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 12:31 PM

If the E-Pace's body is anything like the F-Pace, then it could be constructed with around 80 percent aluminum and 20 percent high-strength steel. The steel is generally used in the doors for better weight distribution while keeping the overall car's weight down. The same may be applied to the E-Pace?
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

It could definitely be, but with aluminum being more costly, it they could perhaps cut that down and utilize more steel though? I don't know for sure so it's just a thought I'm putting out there.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 12:38 PM

Moving back to power-train discussion, someone mentioned turbo-lag. Would Jaguar come out with a E-Pace hybrid? I assume an electric motor would decrease the time between the demand for more power and when it can be provided.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots View Post
Moving back to power-train discussion, someone mentioned turbo-lag. Would Jaguar come out with a E-Pace hybrid? I assume an electric motor would decrease the time between the demand for more power and when it can be provided.
drive.au already had an article that suggested this would happen in 2017, still haven't seen enough information about it but the e-cenex concept makes it obvious its a space they want to get into. check out that concept.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page