Powertrain Discussion - Page 2 - Jaguar E-Pace Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

I think it'll be pretty nimble. Jaguar is real competitive and their performance attributes of their lineup is steadily increasing.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 11:33 AM

Jaguar has set a high standard for themselves with the new XE and F-Pace. Futures buyers will be looking for a similar bang for their buck kind of deal with the E-Pace in terms of performance.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

For sure and the main thing with these because they'll be driven around so heavily is reliability and I can't remember the last time I heard any issues with JLR and engine dependability.

Has anyone heard of any big issues Jaguar currently has with their engines?
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:25 AM

Only thing I heard was poor acceleration from the F-Pace. But that might be more of someone coming from a higher powered vehicle and downgraded to the F-Pace, in terms of power.

From what I noticed ever since Tata acquired Jaguar they have been improving a lot.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Slow acceleration definitely isn't something I would consider an issue as it's really a user-preference thing and a lot of people expect way too much out of a product which is another problem.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 07:37 PM

I'm not expecting it to rocket off from a standstill, but good enough to make merging into freeway traffic stress free and to make the drive more enjoyable. Not the most enjoyable ride when you feel like the car is going nowhere.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

I highly doubt it would be anything close to that. It's not a Prius and you really don't need to get too fast when trying to merge on the highway. I'm sure a product coming from Jaguar won't be lacking in the power and drivability department at all for everyday driving
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 03:44 PM

If the Jaguar XE is any indication then we'll be fine here, even the smaller displacement diesel versions sold in Europe get great acceleration. We just have to watch out for what engines/transmissions official make it to the e-pace, that will tell us the whole story.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 04:09 AM

Would be nice if it came with the new ingenium engine, they don't mention it in the article, but perhaps it will be revealed on the 13th🤞
Jaguar Adds New Four-Cylinder 30t Model for XE, XF, F-Pace | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Currently drive a 2013 Acura RDX, looking for more luxury with real performance, F-Pace or E-Pace are on my mind, with a VelocityAP tune.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 12:31 PM

Seems like the ingenium engine is reserved for Jaguar's higher output models, so it is unlikely to make its way into models like the E-Pace. Maybe a de-tuned one in the future from the older 2017 XE 25t?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page